Monday 4 November 2013

brickwall shoot

I guess I have always had slight trouble with self-confidence and I've recently been learning that especially in the design/fashion industry this is pretty important. It's of course useful in general, with job interviews and things but I know that a little self-confidence is healthy and shows that you believe in what you do and that you're good at it. 
Today we had a guest lecturer at uni, he's kind of a big shot in the fashion industry- helps organizing giant fashion events and has worked with very big names. At first I thought he was kind of a show off but then I realized he has done a lot things to deserve that self-confidence and without it he wouldn't be where he is now. And I could see it wasn't a pose, he was just that kind of a person who went after what he wanted and wasn't shy about it. 
SO I realized my first step towards building up my confidence was to try out some posey photos for my blog! I definitely need to work on my face expressions but it's a start.







Industrial places really speak to me, I like the different textures of the bricks and the garage doors. Lisa (my classmate from uni, the photographer) and I came across a building site with cranes and tractors so maybe we'll try that out next. There won't be a shortage of those in Birmingham for sure!

1 comment: